Job Opportunity – Resource Technician (FULL-TIME)
The Souris River Watershed District (Deloraine Office) is accepting applications from qualified individuals for a fulltime position of Resource Technician.
- Delivery of soil and water programs and rental equipment to local landowners.
- Coordinating projects with landowners and contractors.
- Project Organization and Management.
- Surveying and GPS/GIS data collection, analysis and organization.
- Maintain and manage internal database and mapping systems using ArcMap.
- Basic operation and maintenance of small agricultural equipment, quad, water pumps and a variety of power and hand tools.
- Maintenance of interpretive sites.
Supervisory role of summer student staff.
- Post secondary education in GIS, Natural Resource Management, Civil/Geomatics Engineering Technology or equivalent education or experience.
- Practical understanding of agricultural practices, hydrology, erosion and environmental stewardship.
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good physical dexterity and ability to work in variable weather conditions.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team and in situations without direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships and to deal with the public.
- Experience with GIS ArcMap 10.6.
- Working knowledge of Auto Cad an asset.
- Experience with RTK survey equipment and troubleshooting an asset.
- Valid Manitoba Drivers License, and willing to obtain Class 3 license.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume including salary expectations and a list of 3 references by 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 31, 2020 to:
Souris River Watershed District
Box 508, 102 Broadway St. S, Deloraine, MB R0M 0M0
Ph: (204) 747-2530 Fax: (204) 747-2956
The Souris River Watershed District would like to thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Souris River Watershed District is an amalgamation between Turtle Mountain Conservation District and West Souris River Conservation.
See full Job Posting here: SRWD – Resource Technician (FULLTIME)- Employment Opportunity 2020